eurospudguns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European spudgun community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New pilot valve idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MRR

Aantal berichten : 8
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-07

New pilot valve idea Empty
PostSubject: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:07 pm

High guys!
Now that Eurospudguns is up again, I'd like to introduce a new idea of mine, that I had at work.

You all might know these polyurethane foam guns....

New pilot valve idea PU%20foam%20gun_389

So I thought of the parts that I have and made a rough sketch.
Differently from BtB's design of a high pressure push button valve, this valve is pulled to open.
The fittings would be 1/4". The I.D. of the nipples are 7.5mm (I already drilled one up to 8mm).
I have a 8mm bolt laying around that needs some o-ring grooves and a hole in the middle with a screw to catch the spring.

New pilot valve idea Highflowvalve[/img]

The advantage of this design is the massive flow because the exit hole will be fully open without a bolt in the middle.
It also acts like a check valve if you decide to pressurize into the release hole.

Another idea would be, to make the hole of the left fitting a little bigger, add a little surface and catch the bolt with a trigger.
After the valve piloted, the bolt returns into closed position, forced by the spring.
Back to top Go down
BTB
Admin
BTB

Aantal berichten : 18

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:43 pm

I thought of the same thing.
The ones we sell have a 1/4" fitting on top!

I would try to make the nose shorter.
It would be perfect in combo with a modded solenoid valve.
That would make a sweet and clean inline launcher.

The problems I had were, I couldn't take a used one because of the foam residue..and a new one was way too expensive.Also the long nose bothered me.
The valve is the same as the one in my pressure washer handle.Also a pull back thingy..

But I'm curious what you'll make of it!
Back to top Go down
https://eurospudguns.forumotion.com
MRR

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:53 pm

I've already looked out for foam guns on ebay and different shops.
Damn, those are expensive Shocked ,especially the good ones with screwable parts.

Anyways, tomorrow I will give it a try. We will see how good it works.
Back to top Go down
MRR

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:13 pm

How I said, I took the time today and build the pilot I was thinking of and that's what I came up with.

New pilot valve idea P1020104i

View of the internal parts.
New pilot valve idea P1020106b

The o-ring grooves took a little time because I made them on a poor mans lathe (aka drill press Smile ). I had to grind the head of the screw and the nut a little down to fit into the 1/4" tee.
New pilot valve idea P1020108x

After I hooked it up to the compressor it worked extremely well, without any air leaks. The flow is great and the bolt pulls absolutely the same with or without pressure.
Back to top Go down
BTB
Admin
BTB

Aantal berichten : 18

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Amazing!!

That's even better than the original foamgun!

With a lever attached to it it could even be hammered!
Very well made too.
Back to top Go down
https://eurospudguns.forumotion.com
MRR

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Thanks Very Happy !

But I think I will do some minor changes.
I think that there is not enough space between the bolt and the tee fitting which restricts the flow a little.
I'm going to use a 3/8" or 1/2" tee and some reducing fittings with the same setup to increase flow.
Back to top Go down
POLAND_SPUD

Aantal berichten : 4

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:54 pm

that's quite interesting... I think you could probably even use it as the main valve if you could find something that can open it fast enough... e.g. an air cylinder

you could also plug the exhaust and use a pipe instead of a rod... so that air would flow through the pipe after being released... it would be like QDV but turned inside out

of course the pipe itself could possibly load ammo and close off ammo port as it moves forward...

I think that could be combined with an air cylinder to build a fullauto valve... something that I suggested to use with the QDV
Back to top Go down
MRR

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:08 pm

I think I could get it to cycle by using a 3/8" tee, nipple, bolt and stronger spring, sealing a 1/4" hole.

I thought of many things to use it for, including a 20 bar water gun. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
POLAND_SPUD

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:12 pm

with or without an air cylinder ??

you could probably get it to cycle without an air cylinder by using area differential.. so it would be like a homemade pop-off valve..
Back to top Go down
MRR

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:22 pm

By area differential.

How I said before. Using a bigger bolt in a 3/8" tee, grinding one side down and add a o-ring to seal a 1/4" hole, et voilĂ .

I thought of taking the spring out of the tee and make it adjustable to set a certain release point.
Back to top Go down
POLAND_SPUD

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:40 pm

yeah I know I just wanted you to clarify that...

a pressure spirng might be a good idea... the design will require some tinkering to find the right pressure...

I wonder what will happend as soon as the valve open... would it open a little bit more or would it shut ?
I think you know that JSR has been experimenting with a similar design... but his was farting instead of cycling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pilot valve idea   New pilot valve idea Empty

Back to top Go down

New pilot valve idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
eurospudguns :: Theory-
Jump to: